This topic contains 283 replies, has 63 voices, and was last updated by  scottfurr 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 284 total)
  • scottfurr – 1 week, 3 days ago

Was there not a strategy session tonight? Not seeing the recording posted.

John Jagerson  
      – 1 week, 3 days ago

Hi John – You suggested a “Trend Identification” strategy session in your 1-3-17 candlestick continuation patterns SS. Would the correct one be “Identifying Lows and Highs” on May 10, 2016? A lot of seminars came up under “trend” and nothing came up under “trend identification” so just wanted to make sure I had the right one.
    Thank you! Geraldine

Yes, that is the one I am thinking of. This is a challenging issue but I think some of the concepts covered in that strategy session (and the Donchian Channel session) can be helpful.

https://www.learningmarkets.com/webinar/identifying-lows-and-highs-2/

profits4me – 1 week, 4 days ago

Hi John –
    You suggested a “Trend Identification” strategy session in your 1-3-17 candlestick continuation patterns SS. Would the correct one be “Identifying Lows and Highs” on May 10, 2016? A lot of seminars came up under “trend” and nothing came up under “trend identification” so just wanted to make sure I had the right one.

Thank you!
    Geraldine

bill – 1 week, 4 days ago

John – I had several distractions during your 1/3/2017 SS. Could you post the % successful value for the candle stick patterns you discussed during the SS. Thanx.
    Bill

John Jagerson  
      – 1 month, 1 week ago

Sorry for the delay in posting this… I tried to think of a few more ways to automate the calculations. However, there is just no way to get around entering the info by hand. The more I thought about that, the more I feel that is probably a good thing. That is the point behind a trading journal in the first place. It should be detailed and serve as a “double check” on the trade. So keep in mind that there will be different numbers of rows (and therefore the calculations will have to be modified) and such for each trade that is entered. The first trade is just an example and the formulas and data should serve as a model for what you may want to record as well.

profits4me – 1 month, 1 week ago

Hi John –
    Loved your SS on Investor Psychology.

Could you post a link where I can find the revised Trading Journal spreadsheet?

Thanks for your help!
    Geraldine

bill collier – 1 month, 1 week ago

Thanks for the SS Thursday night John, it was very helpful and just what I need. I am fascinated with the study of behavioral finance, but I am still in the infancy stage of research and learning on the subject (and guilty of several offenses that you mentioned). I’ve also learned from the other SS’s in the archives on this subject. Thanks for everything Learning Markets does to educate us!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  bill collier.
    Sarah – 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Hello John,
    I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your strategy session last night. I put your ideas to work and made a nice profit. Thank you so much.

Not sure if I am posting in the right spot but hope so!! Have not been on the site in a while! But will change that!

Sarah

Douglas – 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Hi

For some reason I couldnt post in the DMC forum so Im posting here.

I like the risk of buying low, even companies close to or in bankrupcy. Could you give me an Idea of what kind of signs would show up that would support the belief that a company is capable of emerging from Restructuring and become viable again. Stock I got into at .35 cents: RJETQ. currently up over 1/3
    Reason: I heard of a big investor type making a big investment in the industry and RJETQ has a pretty big footprint amoung diferent airlines providing an rxpress service which I think is a service that would be maintained.

John Jagerson  
      – 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Hi Guys,

Is there any way that I can buy the pair USD/COL?

Saludos

Do you mean the Columbian peso? If so, then yes it is tradeable as USD/COP with a few forex dealers. Try googling that symbol with “fx dealer” and see what you find. Depending on where you are located Oanda or Saxo Bank might be a good place to check.

53429750 – 1 month, 3 weeks ago

Hi Guys,

Is there any way that I can buy the pair USD/COL?

Saludos

John Jagerson  
      – 1 month, 3 weeks ago

John –
    Question about the cash conversion cycle spreadsheet (not a recent strategy session):
    When computing “Days Payables Outstanding (DPO)”, I have one spreadsheet that computes DPO using COGS and another spreadsheet using revenue. Which one would be correct? I probably screwed up one of these spreadsheets.

Thanks!
    Geraldine

COGS is the more correct method. Just in case, here is the correct link.

profits4me – 1 month, 3 weeks ago

John –
    Question about the cash conversion cycle spreadsheet (not a recent strategy session):
    When computing “Days Payables Outstanding (DPO)”, I have one spreadsheet that computes DPO using COGS and another spreadsheet using revenue. Which one would be correct? I probably screwed up one of these spreadsheets.

Thanks!
    Geraldine

John Jagerson  
      – 1 month, 4 weeks ago

Here is a link to download the spreadsheet I used in last night’s strategy session. If you have any questions, please let me know.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.